Saturday, September 22, 2007

Trying "Again!"

I have not blogged since July 29! Between "laziness" and being busy (then of course who isn't), that is the "excuse" each day popping in my mind. I read the blogs and enjoy them (always reading my friend B's from Bz Place) and some others too.



I finished painting my office/craft room, still have a few things to get organized/find a place to put them; did the weekly church bulletin/calendar (which is monthly), tend to my husband who has been down with his back (and is a pain in my backside, but I love him) and a few other zillion things too.



I'm now thinking about decorating for fall. Received my Better Homes and Gardens Magazine yesterday and it had some great ideas for outside decorations. We have a birdbath and I have wanted to decorate if for fall and now have a "plan" thanks to Better Homes and Gardens. I have been planning on having an "faux" pumpkin patch and that is part of the theme around the birdbath. Yepee.



With our 4th great grandchild coming the first part of November, I started on her quilt, which I've made for the three others. Her dad's nickname from me is Monkey, as he clunged to him mom just like a baby monkey, and her room theme is monkeys and first "teddy" bear is a monkey, so she is getting a monkey quilt (the material has "sock" monkeys on it) too. The back is lavendar, I will "tie" it with lavendar yarn and going to try and make a bow around each monkey's neck as well. Maybe, just maybe, I'll post a picture on my blog when finished, with the help of B of course as she's my blogging expert now. Since "the great grandpa" is an Angel fan and so is her dad (along with two of her uncles) we will also get her a "pink" rally monkey. BTW she will be born in the State of Oklahoma.



Being so busy with other "things," I am still making cards for family and friends; however, not pursuing the business side. Not sure if I ever will; however, I still enjoy creating/making them for others.

1 comment:

B said...

I'm so proud of you - actually wrote a pretty long post. But then since it's been so long since you've blogged, you had lots to say and catch us up on! Great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing that pumpkin patch when you get it done. Be sure to take pics of it, and then you can post them on here, too. And I will help you any time you want.
:-) Brenda